Some Women initially have heard that the bladder should be empty before sexual intercourse to reduce the risk of developing a urinary tract infection, but according to a urologist, it is the opposite of what should be done.
Why you should urinate after sex During sex, bacteria from the vagina can be forced into the urethra. Urinating can dislodge the bacteria and dispose of it safely in your stream – but if you don’t need to go to the toilet after sex, it can mean the bacteria makes its way into the bladder and develops into an infection.
Tips to avoid urinary tract infection
1. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and help clear bacteria from the urinary tract
2. Go to the toilet as soon as you feel you want to urinate rather than holding it in.
3. Wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
4. Practice good hygiene by washing your genitals every day and before having intercourse
5. Empty your bladder after having sex
Reasons why you must Urinate after Sex
- Blog Posts: