Cooking Gas Explosion: 3 Died And 12 Hospitalised In Benin.

Discussion in 'General' started by kelechi, Jul 19, 2016.

Share This Page

  1. kelechi

    kelechi Administrator

    Blog Posts:
    8
    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2016
    Messages:
    584
    Featured Threads:
    190
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    12
    Gender:
    Female
    cooking gas explosion.
    A cooking gas explosed in Benin, Edo State capital, in the early hours of yesterday left three persons dead, with 12 others lying critically ill at a medical facility in the state.

    Among the victims were two members of a family, identified as Favour Godwin, 11 and Odion. Their parents are currently receiving treatment at a medical centre.

    The incident reportedly occurred around 7a.m. on Sunday at their 32, Osazuwa Street residence, off Benin Agbor Road.

    A witness and only survivor of the incident, who identified herself as Juliet Chimobi, told journalists that visited the area that the cooking gas reportedly fell inside the apartment of a neighbour, Steven Ebo (now late) and exploded.

    A witness and only survivor of the incident, who identified herself as Juliet Chimobi, told journalists that visited the area that the cooking gas reportedly fell inside the apartment of a neighbour, Steven Ebo (now late) and exploded.

    She added that when the incident occurred, occupants of the house ran out and were warned not to light any fire. She said: “At this point, I refused to move in with my neighbours. But before I knew it, they all ran out again shouting fire, fire, fire.

    “I later discovered that one of our neighbours, who had put on cooking fire in his apartment, opened his door, which apparently ignited the gas.

    Source Vanguard.ng
     
comments powered by Disqus

Share This Page

Loading...