Nigeria’s Former Vice President Alex Ekwueme Dies In London

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nwosu I jeoma, Nov 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Nwosu I jeoma

Nwosu I jeoma Moderator

Blog Posts:
    student
    alw.

Ailing second republic vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme has been confirmed dead. Dr. Ekwueme was said to have died last night Sunday after battling with an aliment which his family referred to as a chest infection.

The elder statesman’s death was revealed in a statement released by the Ekwueme family in Oko, Anambara state. The statement was released in the early hours of Monday. Ekwueme’s younger brother and traditional ruler of Oko community in Anambara state, HRH, professor Laz Ekwueme said the event occurred in London at about 10pm Sunday night in a London hospital.

The statement read, “Ekwueme family regrets to announce the peaceful passing away of their patriarch, the former Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, GCON.

It would be recalled that Ekwueme suffered stroke two weeks ago and was stabilized in Memfys Neurosurgery Hospital, Enugu ,for about two weeks before the Federal Government Ambulance aircraft flew him to London for medical treatment on November 12. It was learnt that the elder statesman was in a coma while he was admitted in London hospital.

Dr. Alex Ekwueme turned 85 years old on October 21.

comments powered by Disqus