Tiwa Savage Makes Bbc 100 Most Influential Women's List

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by Aigoro Halimah, Sep 29, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Aigoro Halimah

Aigoro Halimah Moderator

Blog Posts:
    Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    TIWA SAVAGE MAKES BBC 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMEN'S LIST
    The British Broadcasting Corporation has released the list of the 100 most influential women in the world. The list revealed the 100 most inspirational and innovative women in 2017.

Though it has been reported that the list is yet to be completed, presently there are 40 more names to be revealed later in the year.

These women selected will be part of 100 women challenge, tackling some of the biggest problems facing women around the world.

These women will be paired into four teams to share their experiences and create innovative ways to tackle the problems, according to BBC the four teams will be:

· The glass ceiling- #Teamlead

· Female illiteracy- #Teamread

· Street harassment- #Teamgo

· Sexism in sport- #Teamplay

Among these women are Nigeria’s music diva Tiwa Savage and a computing child prodigy Annie-Marie Imafidon.

Tiwatope Savage, known under the stage name as Tiwa Savage is a Nigerian born singer, songwriter and a performer. She graduated from Berklee College of Music 2007 and since then been working with top producers in the music industry both foreign and local.

Tiwa began her music career from the UK; she did backup vocals for George Michael and also a background singer for artists like Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Sting and Spice Girls.

Tiwa Savage has reacted to the post, she wrote on her Instagram page:

“Don’t let being a woman hinder you, I have and still have to fight to get people to respect and appreciate my work and not limit me because I am female so this really encourages me to keep pushing and breaking boundaries.

It’s true when they say your brightest moments usually come after your darkest times.

Keep your head up and work hard through it. The same people laughing at you will celebrate you,’’

She went further, “Do not let anything hold you back because you are a mother, wife, young, older or a female.”

She went further to quote a popular Liberian female activist, Leymar Gbowee “You can never leave a footprint that will last if you are always working on tiptoes.”

The list also includes seven other Africans including Adelle Onyango (Kenya), Anita Nderu (Kenya), Chaima Lahsini (Morocco), Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (Liberia), Marieme Jamme (Senegal), Naomi Mwaura (Kenya) and Talent Jumo (Zimbabwe).

Attached Files:

comments powered by Disqus